About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States

Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Weekend.

We had a big family BBQ on Sunday.  I can't remember the last time all twelve us were together and it was really nice.  Although I had to eat too much and then hole up in Mikey's room reading a book, but that is just a normal holiday for me.

Oh that would be funny if it weren't so darn true.  I don't know how many Thanksgivings I have ended up in the back bedroom taking a nap.  I have no self-control.  I'm already stuffed to the gills on snacks before we even sit down to dinner.  It really is a nightmare.  But really, I can't wait until Thanksgiving.

I am gonna pig out!!

Wait.  One celebration at a time!!  We had a BBQ.  I didn't get any photos of the food because... well... I seem to have lots of photos of food.  And I don't want to be one of those people.  Well I guess I already am one of those people, but I don't really want other people to know I am one of those people.

I was going to post some photos of food I had, but as I was scrolling through my archives I came across this photo I took of my belly a while ago.  I took this photo with my belly completely sticking out (no sucking in!!) as some sort of motivational tool to lose weight.  Now every time I see it, it just makes me sad.  I remember this one time my friend Forrest said that every time we wanted to eat we should just go look at ourselves in the mirror naked.  Theoretically that sounds good, but put into practice it is just a giant hassle.  Who wants to take their pants off every time they want a sandwich?

BBQ, right... It was fun.

We played some Wii:
Took a family photo:

I wasn't actually going to post this photo because I took it so I had to run over and crouch down in what little room was available so I didn't have time to make myself thin (yes, it can be done, look how thin Christy looks, hiding completely behind Mikey.)  But I emailed the photo to the family and Katie posted it on facebook, so I figure the jig is up.  Is it jig or gig?  Well, whatever.

I made the kids take photos with me.  Mikey couldn't stop looking at the game being played on the tv screen.
Anyway, you remember when I was telling you I ended up in Mikey's bedroom reading a book.  I didn't actually bring a book because I like to pretend I'm not the person who goes and hides out at a family function, so I ended up having to find something in Jasmine's room to read.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is surprisingly delightful.  And it is a super quick read.  I'm half way through the second book.  I'm just waiting for the next family function to finish it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jasmine is insanely good at those games. Its humbling and frustrating at the same time.

twelvedaysold said...

You totally did disappear for like an hour! Slacker.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know we could lie down!

Christy said...

This blog cracked me up. I love how you pop out every once and awhile (so we don't get worried-or go looking for you) and then you sneak off once again.

Christy said...

By the way, what happened to mom?!?!

susieoregon said...

"I nearly airbrushed her into oblivion. Ended up checking "albino" in the form."